Lynar Manufacturing is committed to complying with its legal obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) and to the protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals whose personal data Lynar Manufacturing obtains or generates as part of its business operations.
This policy describes how and why we collect, store and use personal data and also provides information about individuals’ rights. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What personal data do we collect and process?
In order for us to operate our business we may need to collect personal data from those who access our websites or premises, obtain products or services from us, provide products or services to us, are engaged by us or who we otherwise have dealings with in the course of our day to day activities.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of an individual’s privacy. This section sets out further details of the types of personal data we collect in different circumstances and how it is used by us.
If you visit our website your personal data including your name, email address, telephone number and other contact information will be collected if you register to use the website (where registration is required), subscribe to one of our services, post material or request further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with a website.
We may collect details of your visits to our websites including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data as well as details of the resources that you access. We may also collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is used for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Customers and related individuals
We collect personal data from our customers and related individuals where necessary to provide our services or where an individual has otherwise consented to its collection.
We may use the personal data collected for the purposes of:
- Providing our products and services to you or the organisation you represent.
- Operating back office and administration services connected with the provision of our products and services.
- Basic personal data may be used for billing, invoicing and payment purposes.
Lynar Manufacturing Personnel
Personal data in relation to Lynar Manufacturing personnel is collected and held on our systems and applications, i.e. payroll. Further information regarding the collection and use of personal data of personnel is provided as part of our recruitment process and can be obtained by personnel at any time.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have certain rights which you may exercise if we are in possession of, or are processing, your personal data. Specifically:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you have a right, in certain circumstances, to ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
To exercise these rights please contact Lynar Manufacturing. In the event that Lynar Manufacturing refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the Complaints section below.
On what basis do we process personal data?
We will only process personal data where we have a lawful basis on which to do so. The lawful basis on which data is processed will depend on the nature of the information collected and the purposes for which it is used by us but will be one or more of following:
- Consent: you have provided your consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
For how long do we hold personal data?
Lynar Manufacturing will only retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected and processed, or for such shorter or longer period as may be prescribed by applicable law.
Transferring and storing your data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the fulfilment of orders, the processing of payment details or the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Use of Google Fonts Web API
Our website utilises Google Fonts API to provide a unified and visually pleasing textual experience for our users. Google Fonts is a service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that allows websites to utilise high-quality fonts.
By using Google Fonts, some information may be transferred to Google servers, which may be located in other countries. This section outlines how Google collects and uses data in relation to the Google Fonts Web API.
Data Collection by Google
When you visit a page on our website that uses Google Fonts, your web browser automatically sends a request to Google’s servers. This request may include the following information:
- IP Address
- Browser type and version
- Operating System
- Referrer URL
- The time of the request
This data is primarily used by Google to serve the font files to your browser and to improve the overall service quality.
If you are concerned about the data collection practices associated with Google Fonts, you may choose to disable the Google Fonts service through browser settings or use browser extensions designed to block such features. However, doing so may affect the appearance and functionality of our website.
Updates to this Section
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated in November 2023. Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be documented.